Tuesday, December 11, 2012

membuat keputusan

See, I always realized that I'm not particularly good at most things. I'm terrible when it comes to maths, grammar (yes, true story), sewing, singing and many more. But one thing that I'm damn right sure that I'm not good at is making decision. 

I don't really know the solid reason to this but my 2 cents worth theory is: I'm the youngest in the family and therefore most of the time the decisions that I've made were based on others' experiences, influences and POV. If it's up to my sense and guts, the decision usually turns out to be the least favourite one, I would say.





I believe one of the reasons why I dare to take any risk in making decision is because being the youngest means I am insured with a secure safety net should anything happen to me. I also believe this is why i led a vibrant colourful life because I'm downright lucky, I get to see my older siblings' life experiences, do's and don't s beforehand and they generously give me good amount of advices so that I can avoid making the mistakes they've made or be better prepared should I make the same mistake. 


So back to the decision making, I've learn a great deal of the after effect of making decision throughout my adult life. Ever since I graduated, start working, ditched a good job, had a decent career, resigned, get married, became a freelancer, getting pregnant and so on, I'm living every moment of it to the fullest. 

I guess what I'm trying to say is, any decision that we make is about accepting and somehow taking risk. What's the point of regretting the decision that you once made? After all, you are the one who chose it. If you don't feel that it suits you, hey you are the game master! So do something about it. Things are meant to happened for a reason so try to seek what the reason could be and you'll be fine. Allah will never burden us with challenges and obstacles that we can't endure. Always, always remember that. It's okay to make a mistake from time to time, but not to repeat the same mistake you fools! (say this out loud in Gandalf's voice)

No comments: