Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Material World

It's been a while tau since I last did my shopping, for myself, only wardrobe and shoes and no groceries from Tesco. 

I think the last time that I actually went for shopping was before my wedding to buy all the hantaran. Lepas kahwin was down with pregnancy illnesses and whatnot and now Amer pun dah 7 bulan so you do the Maths lah berapa lama dah tak pi shopping kan? 

Thing is baru ni I went to Gurney Plaza nak pi cari baju raya for my little buddy lah. I was really 'ka-ooh' (perak buih/jakun/orang putih kata mesmerized) bila tengok banyaknya kedai-kedai yang branded nowadays. 

It seems that people are racing and competing one another to be on top with all these luxury branded goods. and it hit me that orang sekeliling are becoming materialistic. When it come to this situation lah yang buat I feeling nak lari to Gunung Semanggol to protect my son from this kind of evironment. Dan-dan...Hah!

Thing is, I feel sad to see those youngsters and young adults that care so much about all these material world. Been there, done that but not to the extend that you guys are now today. When you are old like me right now, then you'll wish to go back to those young time and do things that you wish you had done again and again macam sun soaking, read a good book by the seaside, hiking to Penang Hill from the Moon Gate, go fishing, indulge yourself at the used book shops on the upper Chowrosta Market, walk from Tanjung Tokong to Gurney and many more things that requires your quality time and not your money and brands approval :)

No comments: